Sunday, 13 April 2014

CHANEL EYESHADOW QUAD

 






For Spring 2014, Chanel has released a number of new eyeshadow quads in their collection. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of them in the number 224 Tisse Riviera.

To start off, I would just like to say that I am in love with the packaging. The quad comes in a little velvet pouch with the Chanel logo on. I'm not sure when this will come in handy, or why I love it so much, but I just think it's a really nice touch. The quad also comes with a little booklet with instructions of how to create different eye make up looks such as 'smoky eye' or 'almond eyes'. Again, a nice little touch. Especially for people like me who lack a bit of talent when it comes to creating eyeshadow looks.

Now for the shades. The top left one is a mid toned cool blue with a metal finish. The top right is a very light, off white, slightly pink colour. The bottom left is a light blue-greyish/silver with a metallic finish. The bottom right is a deep matte black.

I really like this combination of the four colours as they give the versatility to create quite a minimal look for daytime, or a smoky eye for going out in the evenings. I'm not normally mega keen on blue eyeshadow, but the shade of this one is really pretty and not a 'tacky blue' as I would say. The only down side is that the pale pink colour is a bit less pigmented than the others, meaning you have to layer it up to make the colour more solid. Other than that though, it think this is a really great quad and I look forward to using it a lot. I'm thinking of doing a little post on different eye looks that I create with this palette, so please comment if you think that's a good idea.