Sunday, 19 October 2014

REAL TECHNIQUES CORE COLLECTION



I always hear so much positive stuff about the Real Techniques brushes. Since I desperately needed some new ones, I made a little purchase. I just bought the core collection so I could get an idea of what the main essential brushes are like.

The set includes a small detailer brush which can be used to apply concealer. I find this really useful as I unfortunately get quite a lot of spots.. :( This brush is really good for covering up larger spots and blemishes which can be tricky to hide.

The set also includes a pointed foundation brush which helps to build up foundation coverage. I like this brush, however I think it would be better if it was a little bigger. It's okay if you're not applying foundation to all of your face, but if you're applying a full face of foundation, it's not really big enough. Because of this, I found using a combination of this brush and the buffing brush works well for applying foundation. The buffing brush is supposed to be used to set foundation with powder, however I just use this for foundation as my incredibly dry skin makes any kind of powder foundation a big no no!

My favourite brush in the set is the contour brush. I mean who doesn't love a good contour?! The contour brush helps to create definition with bronzer or blusher. I found this brush was the perfect size for creating a good line to emphasise your cheek bones

The brushes also come with a carry case which can be used as a stand too. Always handy!

The brushes are all super soft, and I haven't yet come across any fall-out. This set would definitely be perfect for someone new to make up as it includes all the must have brushes any beginner would need.

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques brushes?