Friday, 24 October 2014

VA VA VIOLET


As Autumn has arrived, so have the dark fall lipsticks. I am obsessed with plum lipstick at the moment. I just think it looks so nice! I had been lusting after the MAC lipstick in the plum shade 'Cyber'... but let's face it, MAC lipsticks are £15.50 each and I can't always afford to splurge that much on a lipstick!

Instead, I did a bit of research and found a 'MAC dupes' website (these are super useful for anyone who likes to find a bargain - like me!). One of the dupes for Cyber was Revlon's lipstick in 'Va Va Violet'. It was only around £3.99 on Ebay, so a major bargain compared to the MAC equivalent!

The lipstick is the perfect dark, plum shade. The pictures make it look quite pink, but in reality it's quite dark and vampy looking. I admit that the lipstick isn't super long lasting, but for the price, you can't really complain! If you're looking for something long lasting though, you're probably better off splurging a bit more on MAC. The lipstick is quite moisturising and didn't dry up on my lips like some cheaper lipsticks tend to do. So overall, a really good product.

What's your favourite Autumn/Winter lipstick?