Thursday, 20 November 2014

It's Time To Prime



I have been trying out the Makeup Revolution face base primer as well as their focus and fix eye primer and I'm pretty impressed.

Okay so I'll start with the Face Base primer. The primer itself is a super light gel consistency which is great because the last thing you want to put on your face is something thick that's going to make your make up go all cake-y. It's super smooth and I just apply it to the areas where I apply the most foundation e.g. under my eyes, the nose area, my chin and my forehead. The primer gel feels quite hydrating on the skin (perfect for my dry skin) and as soon as I put it on, it completely smoothes the skin out to create an even base. Then when I apply my foundation it looks so much more flawless and actually lasts for almost a day rather than just a few hours. 

Now for the the Focus and Fix eye primer. This stuff basically looks like a concealer and I've just been applying a thin amount over my eye lids before putting on any eyeshadow. It has a sponge applicator that makes it super easy to apply. The product sets really quickly and really helps my eyeshadow last longer/look more vibrant.

I am aware that I don't really have any other primer products to compare these with but I was still pretty happy with the results from using them!

What's your favourite primer?