Tuesday, 16 December 2014

BENEFIT PRIMPING WITH THE STARS



I have been lucky enough to get my hands on one of the Benefit 'Primping With The Stars' sets which claims to be the all time greatest fake-its kit. I had never tried any of the products in the set before so here's what I made of them..

The set contains;

They're Real Mascara


Basically it's all you could ever want from a mascara. It lengthens my lashes like crazy with just one coat. It's also quite volumising yet not at all clumpy. The lengthening factor is definitely the star of the show though and It pains me to say that it puts my favourite Chanel mascara to shame.

Stay Don't Stray Primer


So you put this anywhere where you would apply concealer (blemishes, under eyes) before you apply it and it's meant to help it last or 'Stay' longer. The product actually just seems like the same consistency as a regular concealer. It doesn't really seem primer-y at all. Strange! 

I found that it definitely covered my blemishes and dark under eye circles pretty well. However I have to be honest and say that I really didn't notice that it made my concealer stay on for longer. It was just like I had applied two layers of concealer (which came off just as easily as it normally does). 

Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain


the Benefit Bene-tint is a pinky/red liquid product that you can use on either your lips or cheeks to give them a nice pink tint. I've never really used a product like this before so I was quite pleasantly surprised.
This product is so perfect for if you want a really subtle pop of colour on your cheeks. You only need a little but I find that it just adds such a nice and natural. pink tone to your cheeks.

Again for the lips I found it was similar. Obviously it depends on how much you use so you could use a lot and have your lips a really bright pink, or as I prefer, I just like to use a little and it has such a good 'your lips but better' effect.


Some Kind-A Gorgeous Foundation


First I will just point out that even though it's oil free, I wouldn't recommend it for someone with oily skin as the formulation is quite dewy. This is great for me though! I love how light the formulation is and it's definitely good for when you're going for a super natural look (or if you're in a good skin phase). It has a fairly decent level of coverage considering how light the product is but obviously not as much coverage as a proper foundation. I've been wearing this a bit at the moment as my skin has been pretty good .. except for the few spots that erupted today (I knew it was too good to be true). The only down side I would say is the lack of staying power. It does need to be reapplied quite often but a super light product is never really going to have brilliant staying power is it?! So yeah a pretty good product but I wouldn't say I was blown away or anything. 


Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Pearl



I just apply it to the tops of my cheek bones above where I create my bronze contour line. I admit that you do need to use quite a bit of the product to a super strong highlight.. but when you do, it looks so good! Sort of like what a regular highlight would look like but just with an extra pearly shimmer. 

The POREfessional Balm


I have been focussing the product on my nose area as well as a little bit on my t-zone. The product glides on. It's so smooth and gives your skin such a lovely silky feel. The product matifies your skin (without drying it out) leaving a perfect base for you to apply any foundation on the top. I will just point out that it's important you pat the product in rather than rub as it will come off quite easily. 

All the items in the set are miniatures which is cool because it gives me the chance to try the products out before buying the full size versions which are pretty pricey.

Oh and I think this set would make SUCH a lovely Christmas present for someone who loves Benefit cosmetics or just makeup in general! At around £26 I think it's a pretty good price considering how many little products you get.

Have any of you tried any of the products in the set?