Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Hong Kong



So if you follow me on Twitter/have read a few of my previous blog posts, you will know that I spent the last week in Hong Kong. It was without a doubt one of the best weeks of my life - Hong Kong is such a beautiful place and I would quite happily live there if I could!

I flew there on my own and then met up with my friend once I arrived. I'm not going to lie, the day before going I really didn't know if I could do it. The prospect of flying on my own and finding my way round 3 different airports (my flight involved two transfers) literally terrified me. Especially considering I had never done anything like that on my own before... but for some reason, as soon as I arrived at the airport to be dropped off, I actually felt fine (and so so excited). I have now come to realise that there is really nothing to be worried about when you're travelling on your own. Airports are surprisingly easy to find your way round and people are always happy to help if you're not sure where to go/what to do. I really don't know why I got myself so worked up about it! 

During the week I pretty much explored the whole of Hong Kong - saw lots of amazing sites, shops, scenery and ate delicious food. I also met some amazing people and made friends which was so so nice and really added to the trip! I took a huge amount of photos but I tried to select some of my favourites just so that this post wasn't too photo heavy! As you can see, the scenery in Hong Kong is absolutely incredible. Everything is so shiny and colourful. England seems so dull and dingy in comparison!

I only got back yesterday but I'm already thinking about where I want to travel to next. Even though this trip was short, it really opened my eyes to how much I want to travel and see the world! Although it may seem like nothing to some, I'm SO glad I did this as I conquered a lot of my fears and realised that I actually can do things that I thought I couldn't do e.g. find my way round and travel on the underground by myself. Yay for independence!

Where do you want to travel to the most?