Wednesday, 26 August 2015

2 Years Of Blogging



Today, the 26th August 2015, marks exactly 2 years of blogging.. or in other words..


Happy 2nd Birthday Rachel Coco!

If someone had told me when I was starting this blog two years ago that I would still be blogging now, I probably wouldn't have believed them! I would have liked to think so but in all honesty I'm not really one to stick to stuff - I get bored and change my mind too easily. 

2 years on and I still love it! I've had ups and downs with it but I've completely taken my focus of sticking to a rigid schedule and concentrating on numbers. Now I just blog when I feel like it (which happens to be quite frequently). I also just blog about whatever I want to blog about. When I first started, my posts were very fashion focused. My interests have changed a lot now and don't get me wrong, I still love buying pretty clothes but I've realised that I prefer writing about more general lightstyle-y things. 

This may sound a bit OTT but my blog has actually changed my life in various ways. For starters getting invited on an all expenses paid trip to London (with Unite Students) back at the start of the month was one of the coolest and completely surreal things ever. It felt so crazy that the only reason I was given that opportunity was because of my blog. And It wasn't even just the fact that it was all expenses paid, meeting other bloggers and making new friends was amazing. I wouldn't even know them if it wasn't for this! 

I've also made some other amazing friends - Hollie, Victoria, Charlotte, Han, Jess (to name a few) who I am yet to actually meet.. but we will one day!

In addition to all that brilliant stuff, blogging has made me realise what path I want to take with my life. It took me a very long time to actually discover what kind of career I want but I'm now completely set on a digital marketing/PR/SEO kind of thing (that sounds a bit vague but jobs like this usually involve some kind of mix of all of those things). My blog involves a great deal of marketing and I spend half my life (probably more like 80%) on the internet so I definitely think it's my thing.

I just want to thank all the readers of my blog - whether you've been reading for a while or you just clicked on today! Also.. all the people who regularly leave me the most lovely comments, thank you so much! It makes me so happy that people actually read my posts and take the time to leave a nice little message for me. 

I know blogging isn't about the number of followers you have, but it sure does make it exciting and I wouldn't be able to get involved with such brilliant opportunities without you. So yeah. thanks a MILLION. Mwah. All the love. R. 



XOXO