Monday, 31 August 2015

One Ingredient Healthy Ice Cream



I'm sure a lot of you reading this have probably already come across the healthy banana ice cream aka the 'nana nice cream' recipe that so many people seem to be obsessing over at the moment. Just in case you haven't, I thought I would share it with you all because it really is too good to miss out on (unless you dislike banana - in which case this is probably not the recipe for you). 

I put off making this for a while because I really didn't think it would be that good. Oh how I was so wrong! The recipe is simple. Literally just frozen bananas. You can use however many you like but I usually use two medium sized bananas for a breakfast/snack portion. I usually leave them in the freezer overnight just to make sure they are really solid. 

Then you just blend your banana's up! At first it goes into a sort of grainy texture and the first time I made it I was thinking.. what have I done wrong?! You just have to wait a little and as the banana melts a teeny bit, it will suddenly turn into the ice cream texture you are looking for. Sort of similar to Mr Whippy! Then just spoon into a bowl and voila! It's as easy as that! 

I usually eat mine just on its own but you can add various other things to jazz it up a bit. Things like cacoa powder and peanut butter are good because the flavours go SO well with banana. It's also nice topped with nuts, chia seeds, strawberries, cacoa nibs and granola. 


Have any of you tried this recipe before?