Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Oaty Cookies


As past of last months Degustabox, I was sent a Delicious Alchemy Oaty Cookie Mix. Cookies are probably my all time favourite sweet treat so I was quite quick to make these! Delicious Alchemy are a food brand famous for their award winning gluten free products. I'm definitely not allergic to gluten but I always like to try out new things.



The cookies are super easy to make. All you have to do is add butter (or a dairy free alternative) and water to the bag of mix. I actually used milk instead of water since I'm not lactose intolerant and I just thought it would taste a bit nicer.


Once the ingredients were combined, it turned into a fairly loose dough. It also smelt amazing at this point - very sweet and golden syrup-y mmmm.


You're meant to separate the dough into 10 cookie balls but I prefer the larger variety of cookie who doesn't?, so I separated mine into 6, popped them on a baking sheet and then into the oven for around 18 minutes.


Once they had gone very slightly golden brown round the edges, I took them out the oven to cool. The result was a soft (but not chewy) cookie that tasted all sweet and oaty. They tasted kind of like a shortbread biscuit with oats in - SO MOREISH.

The mix is available to buy online for just £1.99. Perfect for anyone with a gluten/dairy intolerance.. or just someone who enjoys baking (like me). 

What's your favourite thing to bake?



* The cookie mix was gifted however all opinions are my own *