Saturday, 12 September 2015

Late On The Bandwagon | Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation




It seems like pretty much every beauty blogger and their granny has tried this foundation already.. so it's fair to say I'm pretty late on the bandwagon. Oh well, better late than never as they say. 

My beloved L'Oreal Infallible foundation recently ran out so I was pretty desperate for something new. Since I had heard only good things about Bourjois Healthy Mix, I thought it was about time that I try it out! I have been using the lightest shade - Light Vanilla, which is perfect for my pale skin.

Oily skinned people avoid this product at all costs! Or just make sure you use it with powder because I'm guessing that could work??? It is definitely more of a foundation for people with very dry skin (like myself). The main ingredient is actually water which is fairly obvious due to how dewy and luminous it is. I don't think I've ever found a foundation with such a perfect formulation for my skin. Despite the fact that it mainly consists of water, it surprisingly has quite high (I would say medium) coverage. I'm not sure how that works considering how light and fresh it feels.. but it just does. 

It completely covers all of my blemishes, while making my skin appear more glowing and healthy (duh?). For a dewy foundation, the staying power is pretty good. I was expecting most of it to just slide off my face throughout the day but my makeup wipe at the end of the day left clear evidence that a good amount had remained in place. I would actually say that it is very nearly as good as my favourite Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation - but can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact it is a fraction of the price?! I ordered mine from Amazon for around £7 - side note that Amazon is freaking amazing for makeup and pretty much everything. 

And last but not least, how could I not mention the smell??? It smells nice and fruity but not over powering fruity. Sort of like a subtle fruitiness combined with the smell of sun cream. MMMMMM. 


What's your favourite drugstore foundation?