Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Natural Curls // Toni & Guy


Curling my hair is pretty much my go to if I'm ever doing something that requires my hair to look somewhat more put together than my usual 'just got out of bed' look. Curls add volume, texture and I just think they look rather nice in general. 

Toni & Guy sent me one of their 'Glamorous Jumbo Tong' hair curling appliances to try out along with their extreme hold hairspray. And can we just take a moment to appreciate that a hair brand as big as Toni & Guy contacted me! I felt pretty cool I'm not going to lie * insert sassy girl emoji *. 



As you can see the curls that the hair tong creates are very natural looking which is exactly what I like. The curler heats up really quickly and I find it works best if you hold each piece of hair for around 12-15 seconds to give a defined curl. It definitely added a lot of volume to my hair and even made my hair look really shiny (you can kind of tell in the photo's). I'm not sure how it adds shine (??) but it was very noticeable. 

Because the curls are quite big, it is inevitable that the initial look does drop fairly quickly. However I did find that my hair still held a bit of a curl even the day after curling it. 


If you're on the lookout for a new hair curler, I would very much recommend Toni & Guy. The Glamorous Jumbo Tong retails for just £24.99 which I think is such a good price for this appliance!

What's your favourite hair curler?