Wednesday, 6 April 2016

The Exclusive Witch Skincare Event



Last Saturday I was lucky enough to be invited to a Witch Skin Care event, along with three other lovely bloggers - Rhianna, Abi & Gemma. The event was to celebrate 50 years of Witch Skin care as well as giving us an opportunity to see previews of their two new products which are going to be released very soon (more info on those to come). 

I just want to start by saying that Witch Skin Care are my favourite brand that I have had the pleasure of working with. Not only do I love their products in general, but the team of people behind them are SO lovely. I can't thank them enough for the opportunities they have given me. So you can probably imagine how excited I was to be invited to the event (very).

The event was held in possibly the most beautiful house I have ever seen. Oh and it was in my favourite area of London, Notting Hill (if you know me you will know how obsessed I am with Notting Hill). The house was basically the definition of house goals. Oh so instagrammable. 



When we arrived we were offered a lovely array of refreshments including prosecco (definitely didn't drink three glasses * shifty eyes * ), wraps, sandwiches, popcorn, fruit and brownies. I also spotted the 50th anniversary birthday cake in the corner which as you can see below was a very aesthetically pleasing cake. It was from the Hummingbird Bakery and was absolutely delicious. 


After drinking, eating, chatting and taking lots of pretty photos of the swoon-worthy surroundings, we all sat down to find out about the two new Witch products (all to be revealed soon). 

Next we were shown how to make floral crowns - not surprisingly something I had never done before. I was pretty proud of what I created and I've also now come to the conclusion that I wish it was acceptable to permanently wear a floral crown. While making them, each blogger was taken off one at a time to get to use some Witch products and have our makeup done. I'd never had my makeup done by someone else before but it was very enjoyable and definitely looked at least ten times better than when I do my makeup myself.


Queue the floral crown selfies ft. bad quality iPhone 5 camera...


After that we played some Witch Skin Care themed games, had some final photos taken and were given an a-m-a-z-i-n-g goody bag. Inside the goody bags were Ladurée macarons, an Oliver Bonas wash bag, flannel, compact mirror, Collection makeup, the new Witch products and two Witch products of our choice (I chose the overnight clearing serum and the makeup wipes). 


I left the event still wearing my floral crown and felt like a princess walking round Notting Hill (minus the few strange looks people gave me).


It's not every day that you're sat in the most beautiful house in Notting Hill, sipping procecco and making floral crowns. Starting my blog was such a fabulous decision. It's also amazing to get the chance to meet new people. The three other bloggers and Witch team were all so lovely, making it such an enjoyable afternoon. 

A massive thank you again to the team at Witch Skin Care. 

My next post will feature the new products once they have been released. I'll also be posting about my brilliant weekend away in London with Victoria. Yay for post inspiration.