Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Some New Additions (& Dot Creates Discount Code!!)


I recently got some new things so I thought I would share with y'all on the good old blog. 

I've been longing for a Calvin Klein underwear set for the longest time but for around £50  for the two piece set (!!!!) I could really never justify the purchase. Anyway you know those Twitter competitions where you just retweet and follow the account? Well I entered one of those and I was lucky enough to win! I honestly think my luck had reached an all time sky high that day! It's fair to say that since then I've been entering more of those competitions whilst also trying not to clog up everyones feed. 



So..the actual set? Well I can honestly say it's the most comfortable underwear I have ever worn. It makes me feel super put together when I'm wearing it (well pretty much any underwear that is matching does that). I also think it looks super flattering which is always nice. I'm not sure whether I would actually pay that price but I do really love it. The only thing I wish is that the bralette had a tiny bit of padding but hey, that's non-existent boob problems for you. 


Next up I got a new phone. If you follow me on Twitter you may know that a few months ago I lost my beloved iPhone 5 on a night out which resulted in me having to fork out a soul destroying £415 (!!!!) on a new iPhone 6S. So painful. I mean to be fair I didn't have to get a 6S but I thought I might as well spend the extra £100 to have the most up to date phone. I am on it 24/7 after all. 

It's fair to say I'm obsessed with my new phone. I mainly just love the fact that the camera is sooooo much better quality. The only annoying thing is that the battery life is pretty poor. Seriously when are they going to invent iPhones that don't need to be on charge 80% of the time?? Sigh. 

I tweeted about how excited I was to get my new phone and the lovely Danielle from Dot Creates contacted me to see if i'd like to try out one of her phone cases. I love her design style so it was an immediate YES! I opted for the Flora case which is a minty green colour with a cute leaf print. The case is super sturdy and I'm completely obsessed with the pale mint green shade. I definitely recommend you check out her site if you're looking for a pretty phone case. Oh and if you fancy buying anything from her lovely online store, you can use the code 'RachelMarie20' to get 20% off your purchase!



Lastly I bought a car. I haven't passed my test yet (and probably won't for a good while) so I just needed to get something super cheap that I can practise in. Even though this is potentially just going to be a temporary thing, I wanted something that wasn't 'stereotypical young driver' (not that there's anything wrong with that). I ended up buying a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin which is basically a smaller version of a 4x4 - yep, something you completely wouldn't expect for a petite girly girl like myself. Now let's just hope I actually manage to pass my test at some point in the future * crosses fingers *. 

And that's everything. To be honest I really haven't been spending a lot on things at the moment as so much of my money is going towards driving lessons. I don't even want to count up how much I've spent on lessons but I would probably have a mini heart attack if I did. So there's that. If any of you have any driving test tips, that would be much appreciated (my test isn't booked yet but I'm getting there.. kind of).