Friday, 12 August 2016

The most delicious chocolate fudge cake ever ever (can be made vegan)



I really enjoy getting my bake on every once in a while. I've suddenly developed a strong love for chocolate fudge cake. I didn't actually used to like chocolate cake.. nope, I don't understand either? 

Anyway, I decided to make a chocolate fudge cake. The one I made is just a little one as bigger cakes seem to go stale before me and my fam have time to get through them. This recipe makes the perfect little cake that serves 4 large slices or 6 smaller slices. It has the perfect level of chocolate fudgy-ness.

Oh and 'cute but psycho'. I thought it was an amusing phrase that sums me up pretty well. Jokes. I'm cool as a cucumber...
* shifty eyes *


You will need...
  • 90g of self raising flour
  • 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
  • 75g of sugar
  • 1 beaten egg (or 1 tablespoon of oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of baking powder if you want it to be vegan)
  • 75ml of vegetable or sunflower oil
  • 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
  • A small lined cake pan
  • Betty Crocker chocolate icing (optional but I v much recommend bc delicious)

Basically all you do is sift the dry ingredients together, make a well, add the dry ingredients and voila. Once the mixture is combined and super smooth, pour it into your lined cake pan and bake for around 20 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. 

Once out the oven, wait for the cake to completely cool and I mean COMPLETELY. Even if it's a tiny bit warm, the icing will melt and run everywhere. At this point you can do whatever you like with it. Buttercream is nice but my personal favourite is the Betty Crocker chocolate fudge icing. It is just completely heavenly (and also vegan if you want your cake to be vegan). 

And finally, devour. :)