Saturday, 26 November 2016

Timberyard, Soho



2016 has been quite the dramatic year. But amongst all the bad stuff, something good has come out of it for me - the discovery of my love of coffee. Coffee is just

e v e r y t h i n g.

And you're probably already aware of my relationship with coffee if you follow me on Instagram/Twitter as I don't really stop going on about it (sorry (although I'm not really sorry because, coffee)). 

Last week I went to London to see my absolute bestie, Victoria (y'all should check out her blog). She introduced me to Timberyard in Soho and oh my goodness, I'm kind of obsessed. 


It's basically the ultimate hipster esque coffee place. Very 'my aesthetic' with lots of black, white and pops of colour here and there. Of course there is free wifi and lots of seating available with plug sockets. Perfect for those super cool people who go to coffee shops with their MacBooks and sip on latté's all day while doing work. 


There was SO many cakes and yummy foods to choose from but Vicky highly recommended the crodough's so it had to be done. I went for a peanut butter and jam crodough aka half croissant, half doughnut. Have you ever heard of something that sounds so magical? Vicky went for the dulce de leche crodough and we both got a latté. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that the crodough was one of the nicest things I have ever eaten in my life. That dreamy layered texture of a croissant but with the sweet dough-nuty flavour and obviously mine had the addition of pb & j which was just, insanely good. It was also quite a big treat which I'm all for because if I want to indulge then I want to INDULGE.

The latte was also really good and THAT LATTE ART. The coffee flavour was quite strong but not overpowering and bitter at all. The only down side was that they had no coffee syrup as I always prefer to add a flavour rather than plain sugar. 

I think for the latté and crodough, it came to around £7 something which I think is actually very reasonably priced because 1) it's London, 2) the crodough was a good sized treat and 3) the crodough was the most delicious thing ever. 


I will just also mention that this place has such a good selection of vegan, dairy free and gluten free options. They even have almond milk which is great for all those non-dairy eating coffee lovers. 


Quite obviously I highly recommend that you visit Timberyard if you have the opportunity to do so. What a dream.